Jodhpur’s Umaid Bhawan Palace : Tripadvisor recently rated the most outstanding hotel in the world to be – not in France, not in Europe…. in India.
Built over 15 years between 1928 and 1943 after its namesake, the Maharaja Umaid Singh, the palatial hotel is literally fit for an Indian king, as the sprawling property is the principal residence of the Jodhpur royal family. The impressive property is not just a hotel, but a museum as well.
An average stay is $1055.77 USD per night and the most affordable month to visit is July when it drops to $561 per night.
To find out more read here. The foyer pictured here is stunning. Photo courtesy of Samonway Duttagupta
Winners were determined based on the millions of reviews collected in a single year from TripAdvisor travelers worldwide.
Here are the top 10 hotels for 2016 according to TripAdvisor members:
1. Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur – Jodhpur, India
2. Shinta Mani Resort – Siem Reap, Cambodia
3. Bellevue Syrene – Sorrento, Italy
4. Hanoi La Siesta Hotel & Spa – Hanoi, Vietnam
5. Achtis Hotel – Afitos, Greece
6. Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons – Great Milton, United Kingdom
7. Mirihi Island Resort – Mirihi, Maldives
8. Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba – Palm-Eagle Beach, Aruba
9. Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa – Lance aux Epines, Grenada
10. Hotel Ritta Höppner – Gramado, Brazil