Slip your Calvin Kleins undies on, your Tommy Hilfiger jeans, squirt some Dolce & Gabbana, pop on your Versace bracelet, slip into your Salvatore Ferragamos, grab your Max Mara coat and Longchamps handbag and get on out there
35 minutes outside central Paris near Euro-Disneyland are the huge designer brand outlets. Over 90 designer labels are flogged at discount prices. In addition, non-EU visitors can claim a refund of VAT on all purchases under the tax-free shopping scheme.
There are two good options I shall give you for getting out there and back:
Option One – the Shopping Express Bus from Paris
The best and easiest (and it’s green!) choice for getting there and back is with their Shopping Express Bus service which offers two daily departures from central Paris to La Vallée Village.
You can choose between a departure from the Place des Pyramides – (you know, the gold statue of Joan of Arc on rue de Rivoli near the Louvre)
- 9:30 am departure (return from La Vallée Village at 2.30 pm )
- 12:30 am departure (return from La Vallée Village at 5 pm).
You can book your Shopping Express tickets online, or at the
- Cityrama office, Place des Pyramides, Paris
- or at the La Vallee Village Welcome Centre. Advance reservation is necessary.
- One-way return ticket: 15€ per adult, 8€ per child from 3 to 11 years old (free for children under 3 years old).
- Reservations can only be made at the Welcome Center of La Vallée Village, upon seats availability.
- Open Return Round-Trip Ticket: 22€ per adult and 11€ per child from 3 to 11 years old (free for children under 3 years old).
- Round-Trip Return Ticket: 22€ per adult, 11€ per child between 3 and 11 years old (free for children under 3 years old).
Option Two – Take the Train from Paris and Back
Buy a ticket for the RER TRAIN (LINE A4) from metro station Chatelet on the right bank
The closest TGV train station to the La Vallee Shopping Village is the Marne-la-Vallée-Chessy/Parc Disney® station.
To find out the arrival and departure times of the TGV at Marne-la-Vallée-Chessy/Parc Disney® station, click on the following link:www.voyages-sncf.com
When you exit the station
- you will see a big shopping mall on your right.
- Go all the way through the mall and you will see the entrance of La Vallée Village.
- On Sundays when the mall is closed, walk along the side of the mall through the parking lot
- then walk 10 minutes to the Shopping Village OR
- A door-to-door shuttle service runs from Val d’Europe station to La Vallée Village every Sunday.
To find out the arrival and departure times of the RER at Val d’Europe/Serris Montévrain station, click on the following link:www.ratp.fr
One-way return tickets to Paris with the Shopping Express service, your return ticket at €7* instead of €15, upon reservation at the Village Welcome Center (seats limited).
Tax Free Shopping:
When you make a purchase of €175,01 or more at any boutique displaying one of the tax-free shopping services, simply ask for a tax-free shopping cheque.
Remember to always bring your passport as it is required at the time to fill in the form
When leaving the country or the European Union, present your purchases, receipts and passport to Customs Officials at the airport – do not pack these purchases in your suitcase and then check in! They must be hand luggage, The VAT desk will then validate your tax-free shopping cheques.
Show your validated cheques and passport at a Refund Office in the airport for an immediate refund onto your credit card or in cash.
Please note that tax-free shopping is available only to non-EU residents.