Jazz Venue in Paris
Cosy quiet bar upstairs and American style jazz, toe-tapping and dancing down in the ancient hump-backed cellar. Don’t be scared of the small bar with limited seating when you first walk in. Barge in, pay your 9 – 13 euros entry, shuffle downstairs and make an arse of yourself on the dance floor with everyone else.
So much fun and everyone is friendly.
But spare a long thought for the history of this place steeped in history – and blood!
It is famous and dates back to
- the Romans who excavated it
- the Rosicrucians who hid stuff in it and had secret meetings to bitch about Dan Brown
- the Knights Templar in the 13th century – as above
- the French Revolutionaries (Danton, Robespierre, Marat) who met here
- the Resistance fighters who were killed here in 1944
- and the American GI’s who played Swing and Be-Pop here after the war.
It is such a thrill to watch the locals with their fancy dance moves even if you opt not to dance yourself.
You’ll be blown away.
Opens 9.30 pm at 5 Rue de la Huchette near the Seine river on the Left Bank
Feel free to add any other great venues you have personally enjoyed in Paris and I’ll add them and credit you for it